Thursday, March 5, 2009

Some Good News and Sad News...

I'll share the Good News first...

Through Victoria's efforts at selling the book marks, key tags and magnets at her school, she was able to raise over $70 to go towards the Water School Project! Yay for her! This is wonderful because for $50 a family can have clean water for life in Africa through this organization. She is so pleased and learned an invaluable experience about the gift of giving to others in need. I'm very proud of her, Good Job Victoria!!!! ;o)

Thank you to everyone who posted sweet words for us on this project!


Now the Sad News...

I learned through a sweet friend of mine, that sadly one of our own fellow Etsians lost her young son, Zachary Michael Cruz, last Friday in a traffic accident. The family is accepting donations to help with funeral costs.

Some vendors at Etsy have decided to help this family in their time of sorrow and need. If you'd like to purchase something that proceeds will go towards this cause, click here or type in 'Zachary's Fund' in the items search bar on Etsy and you'll find some lovely things there.

I have listings dedicated to Zachary and his family; you can easily find them under his name in the section area of my shop. Proceeds from the sales of these Digital Downloads will go to his family.

For more information, visit the Official Website for Zachary here.


Being a Mom, I can only imagine the depth of loss this family is experiencing. There aren't any words that will comfort. My thoughts are with them.

2 comments:

Diamondaj said...

That saddens my heart. If there is anything I can donate or do, please let me know.

aj

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn how wonderful Victoria raised so much for this fabulous cause and thank you so much passing the news on about Zachary.♥

Please stop by my blog when you have a moment, I've left you an award. Thanks!